to Claim Sex
Professional Sex/Intimacy Coaching
by Miriam Solis
Please come in!
If you have found your way here, it is because you are longing to experience the pleasure that you keep hearing about. You know there’s more to sex than just the mechanics and you’re wondering what pieces are missing. You’re looking for answers to who you are and why you don’t seem to be enjoying the sex you’re having. You want to explore your sexual self. You wish that you felt safe enough to ask the questions to discover your erotic style.
Welcome. You’ve found a safe place here where you will find hope, refuge and possibility to talk about sex, sexuality, sexual expression and relationships.
My name is Miriam Solis and I am a clinical sexologist, sex educator and a Certified Sex Coach™ trained by Sex Coach U. Sex Coach U offers the only sex coach training program in the world that has been recognised by the World Association of Sexual Health (WAS).
I come from a Spanish Catholic background and went to a boarding school run by nuns. I was given zero sexual education and my friends and I took a lot of sexual risks coming from ignorance. So many of us were plagued with shame, repression, doubts, and fear about sex.
You may identify with some aspects of my story. You could have sex from a sense of obligation. You might find sex a bit “Meh”. Maybe you just have not had sex for a long period and you have lost your erotic confidence. You could be feeling sexually insecure with your partner(s), worrying about not touching the right way. Your libido feels that is hibernating, you prefer to pull your front teeth out rather than have sex. Sometimes, you caught yourself thinking who is going find you sexy. You may feel unable to recognise your own needs and communicate them. You don’t know how to set boundaries around what you desire and what you don’t want. Perhaps you want to understand how to orgasm reliably. You wish that you felt safe and comfortable talking about sex with your partner(s). You may just look to enhance your sex life, to reignite passion in a long-term relationship, or to try something new.
Each one of us has a specific, sexual pattern as unique as a fingerprint. This is why what works for you may not work for your partner, your friends or other people around you. Identifying your erotic style – who you are sexually, your fantasies, your desires, your boundaries – is the first step to having sex worth wanting.
About You & Me
Together, we will help you understand, reclaim, or reach your sexual self. We will explore where you are and where you want to be. Then we’ll develop a roadmap for you to overcome all the obstacles that get in the way of enjoying your sexuality to the fullest.
It is tough to invite people into your history because you put yourself into a position of tremendous vulnerability, for this reason my role is to:
Guide you in a goal oriented journey of self-acceptance and healing
Encourage you, by supporting and not judging
Expand your understanding of your erotic self
Provide you with sexual knowledge, replacing sexual myths and wrong assumptions with sex positive real facts
It’s not fair that your right to pleasure
has been taken away.
Ways To Work With Me
I am offering you here the space to dare greatly, to give and receive without judgement, to embrace who you are and to feel like you are enough.
I am ready for this, are you?
I studied and trained for more than three years. I feel privileged to say that over that time I learned from two of the leading female experts in their fields:
(30 min free)
(1 h) -£70
Book a Sesion
Our work together will be talk only. We’ll start with a 30 minute free discovery call, and if we’re a good match, you will schedule your first session. That session will be an exploration of your sexual history. We want to see where you’ve been so we can clearly see where you want to go.
Coaching sessions last one hour, via phone, video call or in person if preferred. After the first session I will email you an intake form, this is a questionnaire that gathers information to help me understand your sexual background. You will be given home assignments between each coaching session. We can also do a 10-minute follow up session (upon request) via email or telephone in between sessions.
GET IN TOUCH
If you’d like to find out more about what I do, are interested in one of my events or you have some questions, please get in touch — I’d love to hear from you.
Sex Coaching is a formidable mix of coaching and sexology that helps you unlock what it is getting in the way of enjoying your sexuality and your relationships to the fullest.
- Guiding you, setting inspirational goals, establish steps, leading you to a reflective place.
- Encouraging you , by supporting and not judging
- Challenging you, by questioning
- Providing you with sexual knowledge, replacing sexual myths and wrong assumptions with positive real facts.
Remember: Sex coaching is not the same that sex therapy.
I don’t deal with trauma and we will not explore and resolve pain from trauma, for this I will recommend you to seek help from a sex therapist.
Coaching is an industry that hasn’t been regulated yet, for this reason it is important to me to follow a clear set of principles intended to instruct me professionally to act in a manner that is honest and that is beneficial to my clients .
As a member of The Association of Somatic and Integrative Sexologists (ASIS) and The European Federation of Sexologist EFS I agreed to abide their Code of Ethics and Ethical Codes of Practice:I
I also follow and practice the SCU manifesto:
- Sexuality is an essential natural and healthy part of being human; we as humans are lifelong sexual beings, from conception to death
- Sexual rights are human rights; all adult sexual expression is acceptable, as long as it is with consent, lawful and without intentional harm
- Every person deserves to choose whether, how, and with whom they wish to express their sexuality, alone and/or with a partner
- Every person deserves tond can have the sexual aspects of one’s life become realised; every person also has the obligation to take responsibility for their sexual actions and the impact on themselves, others and the global environment
- People do not get rid of parts of themselves as sexual beings; they learn how to embrace and accept those aspects of themselves
- Most practitioners of medicine and mental health care are inadequately trained nor prepared to meet the needs of their patients on sexual matters
- Sex coaching is a direct, powerful and transformational pathway to sexual healing, sexual wellness and sexual success
- My mission is to serve as role models for sex-positivity, sexual empowerment, sexual health and sexual success
- As sex coaches we must give back to the global community and advocate for sexual well-being and sexual freedom wherever we can have a positive influence
Note that confidentiality and discretion are guaranteed.
There are just a few exceptions to confidentiality:
- From time to time I will see a supervisor as part of my ongoing professional development. This helps me to grow, gain support and guidance. During this process, I may share some of what is said in the sessions on an anonymised basis
- If I am legally required to disclose information, such as being ordered by a court or if the law requires. It in this case I must pass on your information without your consent.
- Or if I feel that or somebody else may be at risk of serious harm.
If you want to book with me for the first time:
- Make an appointment for a Discovery Call.
- 1x 30 minute initial free Discovery Call to talk about what brought you to Please Come In.
- Coaching sessions last one hour, via video call, phone or in person if preferred.
- I offer video call session through Zoom, Skype or Google Meet, your choice. If you prefer in person I will meet you at Dawn Lister Therapy Centre in Leigh.
- Price per session £70 (Introductory offer only)
- After our first session an intake form will be sent to you to be filled out and email back to me. This will bring a clear and fuller picture of your background and what has influenced where you are today.
- With your permission sessions may be recorded for training and quality purposes
- Home assignments between each coaching session.
- A 10 minute follow up session (upon request) via email or telephone, in between sessions.
- Full payment is required prior to the session otherwise the session will not be confirmed. If you miss or cancel a session with less than 48 hours notice, you will not be entitled to a refund.
If you want to book a follow up session:
- Make an appointment on the booking system.
Full payment is required prior to the session otherwise the session will not be confirmed. If you miss or cancel a session with less than 48 hours notice, you will not be entitle of a refund.
Payments received for booking a space for the women’s circle Sexpressions are non refundable.
Workshop payments are non refundable.
£100 per session. Introductory offer £70
Or save money by buying a pack of 4 sessions for £240
If you want to book a pack of 4 sessions send me an email
I am sorry but I don’t believe that we can fully discuss, understand or explain these kind of topics by email. To understand and explore your question I may need to ask you some questions myself.
The best way is for you to book a one off appointment by phone, video call or in person (your choice).
It is tough to invite people into your history because you put yourself into a position of tremendous vulnerability, for this reason I offer you a safe space where you will feel supported and not judged. You can also choose how to conduct the session that serve you best: by phone, video call camera off or on, in person…
I am a Certified Sex Coach™ trained Sex Coach U. Sex Coach U offers the only sex coach training program in the world that has been recognised by the World Association of Sexual Health (WAS).
The founder of SCU and pioneer of sex coaching, Dr. Patti Britton, is WAS Regional Secretary for North America and serves on the WAS Advisory Committee. Sex Coach U presented the first Invited Symposium on Sex Coaching at the WAS international Congress held in Mexico City in 2019. No other program gives you these credentials, recognition or sexological expertise.
I also has completed 216 hours of ICF Coach Specific Training under the directions of Master Coach Gillian McMichael, founder of Full Circle.
I am a member of the:
- World Association of Sex Coaches (WASC)
- European Federation of Sexology (EFS)
- Association of Somatic and Integrative Sexologists (ASIS)
If you have any healths concerns please always check with your doctor first.
Secondly, you are normal and you are not broken just because you are different to other women. Remember that each one of us has a specific sexual pattern unique as a fingerprint.
In the broad sense of not enjoying sex, how I see it, is that you may be in a path that does not lead to sexual pleasure. The great news is that you can switch paths and take a new one that will let identify your erotic style; your fantasies, your desires, your boundaries. My job is to accompany you on that journey.
Yes. You can choose how much you want to gift.
At the moment with the introductory offer a single sessions costs £70, there is also the possibility to buy 4 session at a discount rate of £240.